Each Friday, I post the stuff— cool projects, inspiring photos, call for artists, events – that I bookmarked that week. I hope you’ll find something in here to inspire your weekend making sessions.
- Go back to school in eco-indie style.
- Sparkle + Fade gives the 15 lessons she’s learned as a new designer. Love number 6!
- Really enjoying the latest issue of American Craft. Not only are there articles on DIY craft and Denyse Schmidt (these are available online), but they also did a feature story on Cranbrook.
- Craft Superstars pick out their favorite projects on Cut Out & Keep.
- StitchMinder app. for your iPhone. Via Craft.
- Michigan maker Hip To Piece has a tutorial for a simple button tote.
- I work at a newspaper, so this tickles me to no end: How to make recycled newspaper yarn.
Calls and events:
- The DIY Street Fair in Ferndale (Sept. 20 & 21) is accepting applications for DIY vendors until Sept. 5. More info and applications at www.diystreetfair.com
- Venus Zine’s 4th Annual Craft-Off Contest is now accepting submisssions. Deadline is Sept. 18. Check out the Venus site for more.
- Threadbanger has a chance to win a new Janome machine, too.
- Creative Cities Summit (Oct. 13-15) now accepting early registrations.
Previously on Weekly Reader.