Welcome to a new feature on Handmade Detroit. Each Friday I will be posting the stuff — cool projects, inspiring photos, call for artists, events — that I bookmarked that week. I hope you’ll find something in this feature to inspire your weekend making sessions. Let’s get to it!
- It’s Shadow Art Fair this Saturday in Ypsi! Check out the list of vendors, too.
- A big and a little project: Free plans for a 4-color silkscreen press and Make a button flower, both via Craft.
- Vicki Howell wants you … to join the Craft Corps!
- From the “I wish I thought of that” files: “Oh the Places We’ll Sew”postcards are the perfect non-lame thing to send everyone back home.
- A peek inside Chronicle Books.
- Angry Chicken has a 5-minute skirt.
- Keri Smith previews her new book, coming out in October.
- Two noteworthy new blogs: Free Design, which posts, yep, free design goodies from around the web, and Starving Crafter, “a place for the latest opportunities for artists, crafters, designers and makers.”
Finally, this video has been making it around the craft blogs this week and I just can’t get enough!
Did you spot something crafty on the web this week you think is the bee’s knees? Share it in the comments!