We had a little surge in Subscribers this week, so hello to everyone new!
Each Friday, I post the stuff— cool projects, inspiring photos, call for artists, events – that I bookmarked that week. I hope you’ll find something in here to inspire your weekend making sessions.
- Small Magazine is inspiring to even childless ladies like me.
- Do you love the art you create?
- New blog to bookmark: Paper and Stitch
- OMG: Extreme Ironing!
- Greenjeans asks: Is “Handwashing” the New Greenwashing?
- The Consumer Reconnection Project:” A year-long effort to meet the laborers and craftsmen who make anything and everything I buy.”
- Block Printing Tutorial
- Wrist Pincushion Tutorial
- Matrioshka dolls are so hot right now! Download seme free labels and to-do lists with the round little dolls from A Print A Day. (via CRAFT)
- Speaking of CRAFT — not really a project but — this totally freaks me out. Poor guy!
Calls and events:
- Knitterpalooza is Saturday, Sept. 13 in Royal Oak @ Starr Jaycee Park, on 13 Mile. Knitters, crocheters and spinners all welcome. Yarn swap and door prizes. More info in the Ravelry group (registration required). I can’t seem to find a time for this — if you know, please post it for all in the comments.
- Speaking of Royal Oak knitting, Ewe-nique Knits hosts a charity knitting circle once a month. The next date is Sept. 19. More info here.
- UICA in Grand Rapids is offering a 10-week course starting Sept. 9 for artists wishing to reconnect with their creativity. More info on G-Rad.
- Art v. Craft applications are up. Due August 31.
- Renegade Holiday applications are up for Chicago. Due Oct. 10.
Previously on Weekly Reader.