Each Friday, I post the stuff— cool projects, inspiring photos, call for artists, events – that I bookmarked that week. I hope you’ll find something in here to inspire your weekend making sessions.
- Rachel Simonsen’ handmade travel journal.
- Avis Designs wrote has an awesome post about making her wholesale catalog. Super recommended for anyone wondering what goes into one.
- I’m a sucker for baby hats with eyes.
- I’ve been starting to plot a new winter quilt — the purl bee has become a daily source of inspiration. (See sidebar for specific projects.) This Dear Jane quilt post is particularly inspiring.
- This post has like nothing to do with crafting. It’s just plain awe.some.
- This easy pasta recipe from My Paper Crane looks so yummy.
- Why not write it down on some free recipe cards via CRAFT.
- Andrea Zuill offers an updated applique tutorial and tons of free, totally cute, embroidery patterns.
- Only 14 more days to apply to DUCF 2008!
- Grand Rapids: Open mic and writer’s social hour @ Negative Space.
- Detroit: Jocelynn Brown at the Detroit News has details on a ton of local yarn sales.
- Walled Lake: Maple Days is Saturday
Have a crafty weekend!
Previously on Weekly Reader.